Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ah, the infinite cavern of cyberspace...



My name is Sagan Lacy, and I like Hawaiian shirts. This may possibly be how I discovered my interest in animation. I live alternately in Virginia, where my home is, and in Savannah, as a low-life college student. I enjoy acting and singing, although I no longer do either with any frequency. More than these, I enjoy drawing and have a love of animation and caricature art. I also enjoy talking at great length about stuff in something emulating philosophical discussion. Entertainment is important to me, and I become irked when it is ineptly delivered or used for evil, so I try to keep a critical eye and learn how to do my job right.

Sebastian Kruger is probably my single favorite artist; he is a hero to anyone who develops a passion for caricature. I also adore the works of directors Chuck Jones and Brad Bird, of character designers like Stephen Silver and Ben Balistreri, of caricature artists like Joe Bluhm and Jason Seiler, and many many more. Really, great designers of any kind inspire me to get off my bony bottom and improve my work.

Learning is a never-ending road, but that's no excuse for stalling! This is my way of making an empty promise to update my blog at regular intervals for the next 50 years. If this does not come to pass, feel free, should the notion take you, to write a furious letter calling for my execution by firing squad if I do not update within the hour. Out of pure selflessness, I will try to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment